At what point would you want to replace your shocks and
Recently replaced rear shocks on 2004 Ford Escape with brand new ones. After replacing them, I took it for a test drive, the rear of the car started to have weird wiggling that didn't have before.... Shock absorbers and McPherson struts are often recommended for replacement. The reasons sometime have more to do with profit margins in the shop than actual need of the client. The reasons sometime have more to do with profit margins in the shop than actual need of the client.
When to replace shocks/struts? BMW CCA Forum
30/01/2012 · Like the previous poster said you can kind of tell when you need new shocks....I believed I replaced my original shocks around 100k miles. It is something you can replace yourself, I did it myself with the equipment you mentioned above.... Now, how often do you replace shocks? If your vehicle has more than 25,000 miles on it, you should be sure to have your auto technician give your shocks an inspection at your next service. However, that does not mean that shocks only last 25,000 miles.
How to Tell Your Shocks Need ReplacedauthorSTREAM
Most people can tell their shocks or struts are wearing out when they begin to feel every bump in the road, or when every bump causes the vehicle body to "bounce." A rough ride is an obvious sign that your vehicle's suspension needs work. how to make a jpeg file smaller on pc i have a 2002 cadillac escalade ext and planning to replace front and rear shocks detail instructions(how to do it) needed also where and what kind to get for a better deal . to task this job i will n …
What Happens When Leaking Shocks Are Not Replaced? It
17/06/2009 · A "shock" is an independent part attached to the suspension, a "strut" serves as part of the structure of the suspension. If the steering knuckle bolts up to the bottom of it, it's a strut. how to play need for speed online i have a 2002 cadillac escalade ext and planning to replace front and rear shocks detail instructions(how to do it) needed also where and what kind to get for a better deal . to task this job i will n …
How long can it take?
How often do you replace struts? Google Groups
- Autoride Shock Replacement gm-trucks.com
- Do Bad Shocks Make a Noise? Reference.com
- Worried about how to Tell If Shocks Need to be Replaced
- Shocks need to be replaced! Nissan Forum Nissan Forums
How To Tell If Shocks Need To Be Replaced
Shocks and struts do not need to be replaced at specific mileage intervals so understanding how to identify the warning signs associated with failing shocks and struts is integral to your safety and the safety of your passengers.
- I'm looking at buying a 95 ducati monster 900 and It's been sugguested that it may need a new rear shock. I'm going to go look at it in the coming...
- 20/02/2011 · If you go with replacement Toyota struts, you will probably want to replace the lower shock cushion retainer at the same time. Mine were heavily corroded. The part number (for my 2004 vehicle) is 90080-94195.
- Materials You can obtain good replacement shock absorbers from your local parts store or your vehicle's dealership. Check the hardware that is included with the shock, since you may need to buy an additional hardware kit to replace the original rusted or broken fasteners.
- On many cars, the struts/shocks and springs are interrelated or integrated, which means you may need a spring compressor to remove the springs. This is serious business : if you don’t remove the springs properly, they can pop off and damage anything in their path, including yourself.